Python web development is not always the primary choice for building the server-side of websites. This language is multipurpose, meaning that it is usable in the majority of programming fields. Python is a beautiful language. It’s easy to learn and fun, and its syntax (the rules) is clear and concise. Python is a popular choice for beginners, yet still powerful enough to back some of the world’s most popular products and applications from companies like NASA, Google, IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Industrial Light & Magic among others.
How does Python fit into Web Development?
Python’s popularity has to do with the various benefits it offers, like the simplicity and elegance that attract big companies including Dropbox, Instagram, and Spotify. However, while there are many advantages to using Python for web development :
- Versatile, Easy to Use and Fast to Develop : Python focuses on code readability. The language is versatile, neat, easy to use and learn, readable, and well-structured. Python is dynamically typed, which makes it friendly and faster to develop with. Due to Python’s flexibility, it’s easy to conduct exploratory data analysis – basically looking for needles in the haystack when you’re not sure what the needle is. Python allows you to take the best of different paradigms of programming. It’s object oriented, but also actively adopts functional programming features.
- Less-Limited Programming Approach : Compared to other coding languages, such as Java, Python has a less-limited programming approach. It has multiple paradigms and can support a multitude of programming styles, including procedural, object-oriented, and functional ones. This makes Python a great language for startups since you might need to change your approach at any given moment.
- Open Source with a Vibrant Community : You can download Python for free and writing code in a matter of minutes. Developing with Python is hassle-free.
- Rich standard library and ecosystem : Python’s libraries feature a huge amount of pre-written code. Hence, developers don’t need to waste time creating basic items. These libraries also allow programmers to handle and transform the data required for continuous data processing in Machine Learning (ML).
- Python is chosen by the best in the world, companies like Google, Facebook or Microsoft, and it’s growing very fast. Developers love its features.
- Python is simple, approachable, versatile and complete.
- This language is an obvious choice for machine learning, data analysis and visualization. AI-first companies should love it.
- Just like any programming language, Python is not a perfect fit for all projects but, as I just showed you, it can be a very good choice in many use cases.